It can be surprising to know that over 150 million people worldwide, including both men and women, are affected by Urinary Tract Infections.
Though women are more susceptible to it as the urethra that carries urine out of the bladder is shorter than men in women, letting bacteria reach the bladder easily.
1. Causes of UTI
Other possible causes could be:
- Sometimes UTIs can also be caused by birth control like diaphragms that slow urinary flow and spermicides that cause vaginal skin irritation
- Less intake of fluids, especially water
- Holding on to urine for quite long that too purposely
- Diabetes can hamper the immune system of the body
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
2. Symptoms of UTI
- Increased urination frequency
- Slight or more blood while urinating
- Despite the bladder being empty, the forced urge to urinate
- Mild and major cramps in the lower back and abdomen
If left untreated, UTI symptoms can worsen and potentially lead to more serious health complications
RECOMMENDED READING: Can Anxiety Cause UTI Symptoms?
3. Home Remedies to Treat UTI
Some home remedies to treat UTIs are as discussed below:
- Drink Plenty of Water
Drinking 4-8 litres of watercan help bacteria effectively get flushed out.
- Cranberry Juice
Another most effective tip to treat UTIs is drinking cranberry juice to prevent the growth of E.Coli.
- Sip Some Green Tea Regularly
Green Tea is an important compound and is infused with antimicrobial properties. You can consume green tea regularly in your breakfasts early morning that works as a diuretic and helps flush out the harmnful bacteria.
You may also try parsley tea.
- Garlic for Treating UTI
Raw garlic contains a compound calledAllicin, which stops the growth of harmful bacteria. To treat Urinary Tract Infections, you can consume raw, crushed garlic or simsome garlic-infused water.
- Citrus Fruits to UTI Escape
Take into consideration, these home remedies and you’ll be able to treat the bladder’s infection at home that too, without relying on doctor’s prescriptions and antibiotics.
4. Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat UTI
Apple cider vinegar is beneficial for overall health and wellbeing. This holds true for preventing future UTIs as well, both in men and women.
Apple Cider Vinegar for uti symptomscan be really effective in keeping those irritating symptoms under control.
Take a look at some of these apple cider vinegar benefits for uti
- Antimicrobial: ACV has antimicrobial effects in fighting UTI bacteria. It can prevent E.coli’s growth to a great extent.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Apple Cider Vinegar is also anti-inflammatory in nature.
Balanced Vaginal pH: UTIs need non-acidic places to thrive but ACV can help balance the pH level there.
Bacteria don’t thrive in an acidic environment and, so, ACV will effectively assist you in doing this by helping you pee more.(4)
5. Ways to Add Apple Cider Vinegar to Your Diet with Healthy Recipes
Still, wonderinghow to use apple cider for uti? Take a quick look at some of the healthy recipes that you can include in your lifestyle that are made using ACV.
Apple Cider Vinegar in Cranberry Juice
Cranberry is one of the best remedies to treat UTIs. How about adding ACV to cranberry juice for UTI to prevent recurring infections?
It’s no less than a UTI-soothing cocktail.
To create this cocktail adds 1-2 teaspoons of ACV to a glass of unsweetened cranberry juice, and it’s good to go.(5)
Apple Cider Vinegar in Water
Without any doubt, drinking more water will make you pee more, but this will effectively flush out that irritating bacteria.
You should add 1 teaspoon of ACV to 8-ounce glass of water about eight times daily.
Salads with a Twist of Apple Cider Vinegar
Salads are one of the healthiest things, and by adding some ACV with olive oil to salads as dressing can prevent UTI.
For the same, combine 1/3 portion of olive oil with 1/4 cup of ACV and mix it with salt & pepper as per your taste. If you like your salad sweet, add a teaspoon of honey.
Apple Cider Vinegar Tea
Replace your daily dose of caffeine and switch to a healthier caffeine-free option which will make not just a healthy but also tasty UTI preventive recipe.
Also, caffeine can irritate your bladder, worsening UTI symptoms.
To make this tea, add 1 tablespoon ACV to herbal or green tea containing cinnamon dose. Add some honey to taste.
Image Credit: Eat Well Enjoy Life
6. Precautions While Using Apple Cider Vinegar
- Vinegar is acidic, and so is apple cider vinegar. Therefore, it can irritate your skin. It is advisable to dilute it before every use.
- Never apply apple cider vinegar directly to your skin, as it can even cause nausea if overdone.
Over-intake of anything is harmful. Likewise, more cider vinegar can lead to tooth enamel erosion and even burn your throat. (6)
- Also, apple cider vinegar in large quantities can drastically decrease potassium levels, leading to potassium deficiency.
7. Final Takeaway
Apple Cider Vinegar is a common home remedy to treat UTIs and an effective, beneficial remedy for those who don’t prefer the treatment with antibiotics.
Completely packed with various nutrients, minerals, and enzymes, it effectively prevents the bacteria in your bladder from further multiplying and growing.
If you suffer from UTIs more often, then it’s time to make a healthy switch to ACV and use this vinegar to make uti natural remedies apple cider vinegartoyour advantage.