Regular battles with periods and PMS are exceptionally hard to deal with.
Infertility and trying to conceive have become extremely challenging for couples in today's era.
In such cases, fertility teas can up your game and improve your chances of conceiving.
In this article, we will take the scoop on fertility teas and discuss which tea is good for fertility.
Before that let’s learn about fertility.
1. Signs of infertility
The major sign of infertility is not getting pregnant.
However, a few health conditions in men and women can make it difficult to get pregnant.
Let’s have a look at such signs and symptoms.
Signs of infertility in women
- Irregular Periods
- No Periods
- Painful Periods
- Changes in the skin like acne
- Changes in sex drive and desire
- Dark hair growth on the chest, lips, and chin
- Loss of hair
- Weight Gain
- Milky white discharge from nipples with associated with breastfeeding
- Pain while sex
Signs of infertility in men
- Hair growth changes
- Sexual Desire Changes
- Pain or lump in the testicles
- Problems with erections and ejaculation
- Small testicles
There are numerous ways to improve fertility.One of them is consuminghomemade fertility tea.
3. How does tea help?
Consuming fertility tea is a great way to boost fertility. It is a fertility-friendly beverage that has plenty of health benefits with no calories and sugar.
These teas have also been used in Chinese medicines to encourage the chances of pregnancy. (4)
Fertility and pregnancy teas are rich in powerful antioxidants, vitamins A and C, and folic acid to give nutritional support, improve female hormonal balance, and boost the whole reproductive system.
According to medical research, herbs in fertility teas aid in boosting reproductive health. (4)
These herbs release fertility-aiding compounds when steeped in hot water.
Fertility teas are quick and easy to make. You canmake your own fertility teawith the following recipes.
Let's have a look ata few fertility tea recipes.
4. Fertility Tea Recipes
Red Raspberry Fertility Tea
- 1tbsp red raspberry leaves
- 1 cup of water
- Boil water in a pot
- Now remove from heat and raspberry leaves to it.
- Cover the pot and let it steep for 5-10 minutes
- Now strain the tea and drink
You can even try red raspberry leaf tea bags. They are made from 100% natural & organic raspberry leaves.
Some of the benefits of raspberry leaf tea are as follows:
1. Helps to regulate menstrual cycles & balances hormones.
2. Red raspberry leaf tea is rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium and magnesium, which can help tone the muscles of the uterus and make it stronger.
3. Helpful during postpartum mood disorders and postpartum depression.
Oatstraw Fertility Tea Recipe
- ⅔ cup dried nettle leaf
- ⅔ cup dried raspberry leaf
- ⅔ cup dried oat straw
- 2 qt water
- Take a mason jar
- Add nettle leaf, raspberry leaf, and oatstraw leaf to it
- Now boil water in a non-plastic kettle
- Add the water to the mason jar
- Cover the jar and let it steep for a few minutes
- Keep it overnight for 8hours
- Strain the herbs
- Your fertility tea is ready to be consumed.
Nettle Fertility Tea Recipe
- 2 ounces dried stinging nettle leaf
- 2 ounces straw raspberry leaf
- 1 ounce oat straw
- 1 ounce alfalfa leaf
- ½ ounce dried lemon balm
- ½ ounce rose hips
- ½ ounce rose buds
- 1 quart water
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix all the ingredients to evenly distribute them.
- Now boil water in a pan
- Add all your herbs to a jar and pour water into it.
- Cover the jar with the lid and let it steep overnight or for 8 hours.
- Strain the herbs, and enjoy the tea
Gobernadora Tea Recipe
- 1 tbsp gobernadora leaves
- 1 cup water
- Boil water in a pan.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and add gobernadora leaves
- Cover the pan and let it steep for 5-10 minu
- 6-9 peppermint leaves
- 250 ml water
- honey and lemon to taste
- Boil water in a pan
- Now add peppermint leaves to it and remove it from heat
- Let it steep for 5 minutes
- Strain the leaves and pour them into the cups
- Now add honey and lemon as per your taste
- Your peppermint tea is ready to be served
- Enjoy the warm tea on a cold evening tes
- Now strain the tea and drink.
Red Clover Tea
- 3 tsp dried red clover blossom
- 2 cups filtered water
- Bring water to a boil in a pot
- Now add red clover blossom to the boiling water and turn the heat down to the simmer
- Let it steep for 15 minutes
- Strain the tea and enjoy
Fertility Herbal Tea Recipe
- ¼ cup dried herbs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Bring water to the boil.
- Now add dried herbs to the water and remove from heat.
- Let it steep for 15 minutes
- Add honey and lemon to the tea and enjoy.
5. Other Prominent Teas During Pregnancy
Apart from the above list of fertility teas, you can even try the below mentioned teas during pregnancy and for boosting fertility
1. Ginger tea
2. Fennel tea
3. Jasmine tea
4. Chamomile tea
5. Echinacea tea(Consumed in low doses)
6. Rooibos tea
6. Teas To Avoid During Pregnancy
1. Senna tea
2. Hibiscus tea
3. Licorice root tea
4. Cerasee tea
6. Precautions and Side Effects
Fertility teas do not have any major side effects. But it is important to check with your doctor before consuming anything to improve fertility.
A few herbs may not suit your body.
It is also necessary to consume not more than 4 cups of tea a day, as the excess of anything is bad. (5)
Always go for 100% organictea to improve fertility. Read the ingredients before trying it.
Anything unnatural in the tea will do more harm than good to your body.
6. Bottom line
Fertility teas are packed with vitamins and minerals. Even if it does not help you become pregnant, at least it will give you an additional dose of antioxidants and enable you to consume more water throughout the day.
This will indirectly improve your fertility and reproductive health. Most of the ingredients in fertility tea have potential benefits that could boost your fertility.
So, consult your doctor and try consumingtea to improve fertility. Anything is worth a try at least once.