Top 5 Milk Thistle Tea Reviews
There are many ancient herbal remedies recommended for our ancestors for various health problems but have disappeared over time as modern science developed. But, over the past few years, these are getting recognized as studies are being conducted to study their efficacy and health benefits.
One of these kinds of herbs is milk thistle, which has great medicinal properties that treat various health ailments, especially liver disease. This has been used by Greeks, Europeans, and Romans in the Middle Ages.
This was used for over 2000 years for liver disease, gallbladder ailments, and kidney problems. Today, this is being used to protect these vital organs, boost immunity, and slow down the aging process. But how can you find the right product? We have researched plenty of products and narrowed down the best milk thistle tea available in the market.
Top 5 Milk Thistle Tea Reviewed
- Teatox Life Milk Thistle Powder Liver Cleanse
Teatox milk thistle comes in the form of powder, and that is the best part because you need to crush milk thistle seeds to brew tea. If you are wondering why it's needed, you must know that milk thistle seeds do not extract well in water, unlike many herbs. It is important to crush them into powder using mortar and pestle before brewing tea.
- Speeds up natural liver regeneration
- Strengthens spleen
- Strengthens gallbladder
- Helps in liver detoxification
- Protects the liver from external toxins and free radicals
- Breaks down fat and improves fat digestion
- Improves digestion
- Boosts immune system
- Buddha Teas Milk Thistle Tea Bags
This is available in the form of teabags, and it contains 18 tea bags.
- Very mild flavor
- Supports liver health and kidney function
- Detoxifies the body, especially the liver and kidneys
- Contains organic and/or wild-harvested ingredients
- Doesn’t contain additional flavorings or GMOs
- Milk thistle tea is packed in bleach-free tea bags
- No additives
- Boxes are 100% recycled materials
- Alvita Organic Milk Thistle Herbal Tea
This is also available in the form of tea bags and contains 24 tea bags. It is of premium quality and is made from milk thistle seeds. This has a very delicate flavor.
- Only the highest quality product
- Organic, cultivated, or wild-crafted botanicals
- Earth-friendly packaging
- Boxes are made of recycled paperboard
- English, pillow styled tea bags are oxygen bleached
- Teabags are not chlorine treated
- The Republic of Tea Organic Milk Thistle Superherb Detox Herbal Tea
This is also available in the form of tea bags and contains 36 tea bags. This is also made from milk thistle seeds.
- Light and citrusy to taste
- Protects the liver
- Has orange and grapefruit notes
- Bright and cleansing
- Detoxifies the body
- Hangover remedy
- Increases breast milk production
- Sugar-free, Carb-free, and Caffeine-free
- Packed in an air-tight container
- Unbleached tea bags
- Doesn’t contain unnecessary strings, staples, tags, and envelopes.
- Ayurvedic Detox Organic Loose Leaf Milk Thistle Tea With Fennel, Ginger, Peppermint, and Licorice
This isn’t like many other brands. Ayurvedic milk thistle is available in the form of dried, loose milk thistle leaves. As the name suggests, it also contains ginger, peppermint, and licorice. One box has 2 oz of loose leaves, which will make around 20 cups of tea if you use one teaspoon for a cup of tea.
- Stomach relief
- Liver cleansing
- Contains ginger, peppermint, fennel, and licorice
- Has powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- Rich in antioxidants
- Supports the digestive system
- Vegan, caffeine-free, non-GMO, gluten-free
- No preservatives and no added sugar
Why Is Teatox Life Milk Thistle Powder Liver Cleanse The Best?
The ingredients used in Teatox Life milk thistle powder have been used for centuries to treat liver diseases like hepatitis C, liver cirrhosis, jaundice, and fatty liver. It is also rich in antioxidants and flushes out all the toxins in the body.
Once you start taking Teatox milk thistle tea, you will notice an improvement in your digestive health. Your digestion speeds up, and your metabolism boosts. Bile juice production and gallbladder functioning will improve. Over time you will notice yourself feeling fresh, and you are much more balanced than before.
Besides, having milk thistle seeds in the form of powder has its benefits, such as choosing the quantity of tea you want to use, unlike tea bags, using it in other recipes, ease of use, etc. You can choose to use this powder as a supplement as it is.
Recommended Dosage for Milk Thistle Tea
A wide range of clinical trials has been conducted on milk thistle tea and supplements to check its efficacy using a broad range of doses. An article was written by Janice Post-White, Kara M. Kelly and Elena J.Ladas where they have suggested that 160 mg to 560 mg of milk thistle extract a day can be taken. This is usually standardized to 80% of the main constituent, silymarin.
Plenty of other studies also have suggested their own ranges of dosage based on their research. Based on various studies, the maximum dose can go up to 500 mg. You can aim for this dose if you want to get the same results as in most successful clinical studies.
Looking at the success rate of milk thistle tea and supplements, you must include this to your diet if you want to detoxify your body and boost your immunity. Those suffering from liver and kidney ailments must definitely try it. However, we still suggest you consult a healthcare provider doctor and ask for the right dosage as well.